Thursday, January 23, 2014

sweet boy

Yesterday I ran! First time in 5 months plus!  I've hiked the hill, ridden bikes with the 'littles', even rollerbladed once or twice, but getting up the motivation to run?  It just wasn't happening!  That said, I was EXHAUSTED at 7:45 when we sat down to read, Uncle Arthur's Bedtime Stories.  I had finished two stories (about 2 pages long each) and was just about to start a new one, when daddy called to tell the littles good-night and pray with them.  They went into the other room to get better reception ... they came back to find mommy almost passed out on the couch.  I couldn't even keep my eyelids open another minute!  I sent them both to bed with love and hugs and finally made it to my own room 45 minutes later.  Slept SOUND, until someone woke me up to tuck her back in bed because she wiggles around too much at night and looses all her blankets!  Finally got up just before 6 this morning came out to the kitchen and the cookies that we had made the night before, and that I had forgotten to put away were all covered!


My first thought was that my husband had covered them all up when he got home from work - which is a good assumption, he has doen things like that before ... altho I knew he wouldn't take the time to wrap them individually.  In the morning I asked both children about it and Mr. J told me it was him.  He had gone in to the kitchen before bed, seen the cookies on the counter and thought, "Mom would want these put away so I will help her out".  What a compassionate little boy I have.  I vaguely remember him also patting me and trying to wrap the blanket around me better before he went to his bed.  He loves to take care of others and is very quick to look for ways to help others when he senses a need.

Tonight I am alone in the house.  My friend picks up my children every Thursday to take them to AWANA.  I have the next two hours alone.  I am going to tackle my 2-hour house cleaning checklist from Money Saving Mom.  And maybe I will sit down for a cookie and tea at some point along the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment