Friday, January 24, 2014

Phonics Lesson

Yesterday's phonics lesson was a riot!  I am using, ALL ABOUT SPELLING with J and he sometimes throws a little bit of a fit when it is time to do it.  We are currently reviewing all the 3 letter short vowel lessons we had done before Christmas.  I have magnetic tile letters set up on the fridge and after teaching him the consonat teams th, sh & ch (he loves that one), I decided I needed to make it fun.  So after my energetic boy would spell a word he would run over to me put his head between my legs and give me a super big "leg-hug", laugh with delight and run back over to "build" the next word.  He built 10, short i words perfectly that way!  I have got to be creative when it comes to schooling that one and what worked one day may not work the next!!

After phonics we went over to the school table to do his handwriting.  I am using HANDWRITING WITHOUT TEARS which he is doing quite well in.  Again, we reviewed all the letters that he learned prior to Christmas break.  First on the chalkboard with a wet sponge (he makes the letter with the wet sponge - just a fun and different way to practice), then I had him write all his letters on a white board.  He did so well ... until he got to the F.  For some reason he got stuck there and kept saying that it didn"t look right.  I told him to write it a few more times and then pick out his best one.  He told me that they all looked the same.  I circled the best one for him and decided it was time to move on!


No comments:

Post a Comment