Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Garden Veggies


We had a mystery squash in our garden a couple of week ago.  I picked it and then decided to pick the second one when it was HALF the size of the first.  I'm wondering if I did the right thing because when I cut the squash open today it was TASTY.  Sauted some of it up in olive oil, salt, pepper and some fresh herbs with garden zucchini, garden yellow squash, garden tomato, market spinach and market broccoli.  Delicious!!



I'm in the process of cooking half of the squash and then puree it.  Not sure what I'll do with the other half - perhaps saute some of it to have with our dinner tonight?


Last week we ate our first acorn squash.  It was yummy ... it was a double acorn squash.  Tomorrow I'm making lasagna with the leftover pureed acorn squash and our mystery squash.

I love gardening and even more I love to eat what grows in my garden!

No comments:

Post a Comment