Wednesday, June 26, 2013

He's 5 years old today!



I cannot believe that my "Little Bubbas" is FIVE today!!  It seems like only yesterday he was born.  He is such an amazing child.  He's a thinker, creative and imaginative.  He's a feeler, sensitive to the needs and feelings of others.  He is BUSY, not as busy as my brother John was at this age, but BUSY none-the-less!  Whenever something goes wrong in the house we know who to go looking for!  He still LOVES to be rocked and his primary love language is TOUCH.  I am so blessed that the Lord put this little bundle of joy in our lives.  Last week I snapped at him and he said to me (with tears in his eyes), "Mom, I'm NOT a dog.  You yell at dogs but you don't yell at kids."  I'm glad that he feels safe enough to confront me when I hurt his feelings and that he has learned to offer forgiveness when I ask.  Thank you, Lord for the last 5 years of knowing Josiah Wayne Burton.  I pray that I have many more years ahead and that you give me the WISDOM in helping to train him up in your ways!




No comments:

Post a Comment