Sunday, September 8, 2013

My journey with reading

I just finished listening to "Kisses From Katie" with my children.  We all loved it and were inspired and encouraged by the work that Katie is doing in Uganda.

Currently I am reading the following books:

Watership Down (audio cd) for enjoyment

Educating the WholeHearted Child by Clay & Sally Clarkson

Trim, Healthy Mama by Serene Allison & Pearl Barrett

Surprised by Hope by N.T. Wright

The book of Matthew in the Bible
and
The Imitation of Christ by Thomas A Kempis

With the kids I'm currently reading, "The Magicians Nephew" by C.S. Lewis

With all these books to read I've decided that it's time to do what I've known I need to do for a couple months now and take a break from "solo" movies!  My husband works late so sometimes I just want to "veg" and I end up watching a movie ... more nights in a row then is really good for me to be doing!  I have felt for awhile like I need to pull the plug, not ever watching movies again, BUT for this season in my life I need to not watch movies ALONE.  With all the reading material that I mentioned above it's obvious I really don't have time to waste on watching movies!  Therefore, coinciding with my facebook "fast", I will also be taking a "fast" from movies during this time!

Also, for those late nights I think an audio cd and sewing machine will go well together!  I'll let you know how it goes!


No comments:

Post a Comment